Nine things you might not know about There Will Be Blood
5 Jan 2017
Watching There Will Be Blood with the score performed live is a rare treat for acoustic-contemporary fans and film-lovers alike, but before you do, here are nine things you might not know about There Will Be Blood and its incredible score...
The film was exceptionally well-received:
- It was voted number 1 in Total Film's top ten films of the decade
- The film won 2 Oscars, nominated for 8 Oscars
- It was voted number 3 in the BBC's 100 greatest films of the 21st Century
- There Will Be Blood won Silver Bear award at Berlin Film Festival
- The soundtrack is a mix of contemporary and classical music and was called by Rolling Stone, "was a sonic explosion that reinvented what film music could be."
- It was Jonny Greenwood's first soundtrack for a feature film, although he has gone on to compose many acclaimed soundtracks.
- It features unique compositions of Jonny Greenwood composed both before and especially for the film.
- It also features the Brahms violin concerto and Arvo Part's Fratres, both considered to be major works in the classical music cannon in the their own right.
- Nominated for a Grammy and considered to be the front-runner for the best soundtrack Oscar before it was ruled out for featuring previously composed material.
See There Will Be Blood with London Contemporary Orchestra at Brighton Dome on Mon 6 Feb
Watch the film trailer now...