Were you mesmerised by Pink Floyd’s first performance of Dark Side of the Moon? Did you sneak into David Bowie’s infamous 1973 Ziggy Stardust gig as a teenager? Have you got a special memory of taking part in Brighton Festival Children’s Parade? Or did you ever perform on the Brighton Dome stage?
Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival want to record your memorable stories as part of a new heritage project, I Was There to capture our history for future generations.
Delivering the project is Sussex-based organisation, Strike a Light – Arts & Heritage, who will be training a team of volunteers to conduct oral history interviews with participants. The interviews and collection of memorabilia will be archived for future generations, and selected stories will be presented in an online exhibition and feature in a public programme of tours and talks at Brighton Dome.
- The interviews will take place between May and October 2021 and will be conducted by trained oral historians.
- A member of our interview team will be in touch to organise where and when the recording should take place, at a time and place convenient to you.
- Each interview will take approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
- The recordings and edited transcripts will be archived.
- Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival will have the rights to use archived material as a resource.
If you are interested in taking part or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org