Fatiha El Ghorri - Comedy Store
1. For a long time, the world of comedy has been very male dominated. How do you navigate this as a female comedian?
The comedy world is still very much male dominated. I navigate it by just concentrating on my material, on growing and developing as a performer and a comedian and on gigging as much as possible.
2. You’re a Londoner, but not a stranger to Brighton – any favourite seaside memories to share?
I LOVE the seafront and the pier. In Morocco my family is from a small fishing town called Larache so I've always loved the sea and the water.
3. You’re embarking on your first ever Work In Progress tour, how’s it going?
It's going really well! My first show sold out! I am so overwhelmed by the lovely response and support for the show, and I am also incredibly grateful.
4. Do you have any pre-stage rituals?
I don't have a lucky hijab or anything like that but before performing, I like to get to the venue early and check out the space and the audience. I also like to have about 30 minutes to prepare before I go on stage, going through my jokes and thinking about which jokes I want to use on the night.
5. Describe what we can expect from your set in three words.
Fatiha will be appearing alongside Ed Gamble, Rachel Parris, Ivo Graham and Lou Sanders. Book now for Live at Brighton Dome on Sat 4 Mar and look out for the next Live at Brighton Dome date later this year.