10 Fun Facts about The Trocks
14 Sep 2022
Since their founding in the 1970s, The Trocks have become the foremost comedy act in the world of dance. They will bring their hilarious rendition of Swan Lake to the stage from September 23-24 at Brighton Dome. Ahead of the shows, we’re sharing 10 fun facts about The Trocks…
1. The Trocks don’t come from Monte Carlo at all. They’re from New York where they started life in the Meatpacking District as a downtown drag act in 1974
2. Over the years they have performed in 651 cities in more than 41 countries on 130 worldwide tours
3. In 2019 they racked up nearly 62,000 miles on tour. Multiply that by the number of dancers and they could have sent a dancer to the moon and back twice!
4. The company’s 16 dancers come from China, Cuba, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the USA
5. The Trocks head off on tour with 60 costumes, 80 pairs of earrings and 110 sets of false eyelashes
6. It takes each Trock 90 minutes to put on their make-up - and 60 minutes to take it all off again
7. Every dancer has a ballerina and a male danseur alter-ego with their own stage names – look out for Jacques D’Aniels, Holly Dey-Abroad and Minnie Van Driver
8. They have two degrees of separation from Gonzo the Great and Rudolf Nureyev. They have danced with Miss Piggy, Kermit and the Russian superstar on TV
9. They’ve performed their signature work, The Dying Swan, over 3500 times
10. A night out at The Trocks has been described as 'one of the most entertaining shows on planet Earth'
The Trocks bring Swan Lake to Brighton Dome on Friday 23 and Saturday 24 September.
Info and tickets here.