We are re-opening and looking forward to welcoming you back!
Brighton Dome is following National Guidelines on Covid-19 to ensure that when we are permitted to open, that we are doing so safely.
Even during wartime our doors stayed open, so being closed for this long has been heart-breaking. We are over the moon to be able to hold socially distanced events and we have worked hard to create a safe environment for you, as well as our artists and staff.
To keep you safe while you are here we have:
- Limited overall venue capacity
- Socially distanced seating layout including cabaret-style seating in the front stalls
- Face coverings compulsory for audience and staff
- Staggered arrival and departure
- Reduced capacity and adjustments within toilets
- One-way systems
- Social distancing markers
- Signage and staff to remind everyone what is required – Give space, wash your hands and wear your face coverings
- Enhanced high touch point cleaning and auditorium seating fogging
- Fresh air ventilation system
- Contactless ticketing and payments
- In seat and pre-order drinks where we are able to safely offer a drinks service
- Hand sanitising stations
- Track and Trace using the QR code on arrival or by speaking to a member of our team
- Temperature checking cameras on entry for the audience and for our staff and artists
When not to visit
Please do not visit us if you or a member of the family have tested positive for Covid-19, have symptoms or have been asked to isolate following a Test and Trace call.
The main symptoms of Covid-19 are:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
We are offering refunds or ticket exchange to anyone who reports to us 3 hours prior to the performance that they cannot attend for the reasons given above.
Please see full details of the safety measures in place in our Covid-19 Safety Measures FAQs.
We can’t do this without you, so thank you for trusting us and for joining us in celebrating live arts again.