Disabled Access Day
A vibrant programme of discussion, food and activities that puts accessibility at the fore. Join us for discussion with disabled people across the arts community, the chance to feed into our programme of events, and the chance to talk to our team about getting involved with Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival. Everyone is welcome!
The programme on the day includes...
- 12–1pm Screening of Brighton Festival Access Videos
- 1pm Paul Richards from Stay Up Late, 5 minute talk about Gig Buddies followed by Q&A
- 1.30pm 'Dancing beyond Ability': Three Score Dance Participation Programme
A talk by Dr. Rosaria M. Gracia
- 2pm Oska Bright Film Festival mix-tape. Shorts from Carousel's international festival of films made by or featuring learning disabled people
- 3pm 5 minutes talk from Jenny Skelton, Founder and Chair of Disability Pride Brighton, followed by Q&A
Plus, throughout the event:
- Sade’s spring arts & crafts workshops for all ages and abilities, including make a butterfly card and decorate your own cupcake
- A chance to meet community organisations, find out more about what they offer and how to get involved: Brighton & Hove Buses, Possibility People, Brighton Open Air Theatre (BOAT), Stay Up Late, Brighton & Hove Speak Out, Amaze, Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival, Disability Pride, Team Domenica, The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association + dogs!
Plus don’t miss Ray Bradshaw’s BSL Interpreted comedy show Deaf Comedy Fam on Fri 15 & Sat 16 Mar.