Our Ticket office relocated to Church Street in January 2017 as part of our major restoration and refurbishment of Brighton Dome Corn Exchange and Studio Theatre
Brighton Dome Ticket Office
Brighton BN1 1UE
Monday 23 March - Ticket Office is closed
Please note that from Thu 19 Mar our ticket office on Church Street will be closed for all bookings in person due to UK Government’s new advice to the public to avoid contact in social spaces, to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. For any enquiries please contact email@example.com
Mon - Sat 10am - 5pm
Open til 6pm on performance days for advance bookings
Event Ticket Collection - on the day
You can collect your Advance Purchase tickets and also buy tickets on the door (where still available) until the start of the performance, or if there is a support act then until the main artist is on stage.
For event info and approximate stage times please head to what's on
OnlineYou can book online 24 hours a day for any event that has a 'Book Now' button. For reserved seating events, you can choose to either select your own seats using the seating plan or simply use the 'Best Available Seats' option. Events without a 'Book Now' button are either non-ticketed events or fully booked.
Members should always log-in first in order to be able to select Members' delivery methods and avoid per order charges and access any special offers. Please note that the Members-only Dome Saver multi-buy offer is not available online.
By phone 01273 709709
Monday - Saturday 10am - 5pm (Until 6pm on performance days)
You can see if it is a perfromance day on our whats on page
If you have a specific ticketing query please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Concessions & discounts
- Concessions, where applicable, are available for students, over 60s, JSA/IS, registered disabled/DLA or ESA/IB. Valid ID must be shown.
- For most events, groups of 10+ save 10%; groups of 20+ save 20%
- Where Family Tickets apply these are generally for up to 2 adults and 2 children.
- Under 14s must be accompanied by a ticket-holding adult (unless the event is specifically aimed at a younger age group).
Booking Terms and Conditions
- Mastercard, AMEX, Visa, Solo and Delta cards are all accepted.
- Tickets may be reserved over the phone and then paid for within four working days.
- Once paid for tickets are non-refundable.
- We believe customers shouldn’t pay more than the advertised price plus any per order and postage charges. To deter buying and selling tickets for personal gain, we may hold tickets for collection and require sight of the credit/debit card used for the original transaction. This generally applies to high-profile rock & pop or comedy events.
- We send out e-mail confirmations with all online bookings and on phone in person on request.
- You can update your record by selecting the 'My Account' button. Here you can update your contact details including e-mail address and amend your log-in and password details. You can also let us know which events you are interested in so that we can send you relevant information on future events.
Per Order and Postage charges
A per order charge applied to all bookings online, by phone and by post. This helps to cover the costs of our full ticketing service which operates year-round in person, on the phone (6 days a week) and online (via three websites: brightondome.org; brightonfestival.org and brightonticketshop.com). This includes credit and debit charges, ticket stock and supports our staffing costs. This is a one–off charge per booking regardless of number of events, number of tickets or type of card used. Members benefit from paying no per order charge but postage charges do apply to members
There are no additional per-ticket booking fees for events. Any such charges are already included in the ticket price. These are for rock & pop and comedy events where we work with external promoters who hire our venue. For many of these events there may also be allocations with external ticket agents: we will always ensure that we are cheapest place to buy tickets for events at Brighton Dome.
A breakdown of our per order and postage charges:
- £2 order charge per booking for online, phone and postal booking
- 60p standard postage
- £1.75 recorded delivery postage
- No per order charge for bookings over the counter in person (29 New Road or on the door at the venue)
- Members pay no per order charge but postage charges apply
- Tickets for standing events can either be posted out in advance via recorded delivery only for £1.50 plus the per order charge (as above) or collected on the night 30 minutes prior to the event (where just the per order charge applies).
- Doors generally open 45 minutes before seated events (30 mins before standing). Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break. Some events may not contain breaks. Please check door times with the Ticket Office.
- Loud noise can cause permanent hearing damage. Complimentary hearing protection is available from any member of staff
- Our bars are open from door times for pre-show drinks and drinks can be ordered for the interval (where they apply). Members save 20% on all drinks.
- For standing events we offer a staffed cloakroom area and there maybe a free coat rail available at other events in the Concert Hall
- A random bag search will be operation for all events
See our full Terms & Conditions for more information on our Ticketing and Admissions policies
As well as events taking place at Brighton Dome, we sell tickets for a host of other events taking place across the city. Visit Brighton Ticket Shop.
Click on the rectangular icon on the image to go full screen. On a desktop zoom in at the bottom of your screen with the toolbar to find your seat.
Photo by Sophie Law-Smith